Model Railway Electronics and Accessories
Our model railway electronics range includes:
- DCC Control systems
- Model Railway controllers
- Sound modules
- Point motor drivers
- Accessory decoders
We can supply items from brands such as Gaugemaster controls, NCE Corporation, and Train Tech. We also sell individual components.
DCC controllers and Accessories
We stock NCE DCC Controllers and Gaugemaster Prodigy DCC Controllers. Also in stock are DCC accessories such as point motor controllers.
Engines and items such as points and signals need a DCC decoder to work with digital control.
Model Railway Controllers and Modules
We stock a selection of model railway controllers from Gaugemaster Controls. Their controllers have an established reputation as being the best. We also stock modules to give short circuit protection and train detection.
Some hints and tips for model railway electronics
- Only use the controller to power your trains where possible.
- Use a separate power supply For model lighting and accessories.
- Use multiple track power feeds on large layouts.
- Do not use high frequency track cleaners on DCC layouts.
- Use insulated rail joints when connecting loops.
- Solder joints are better than push on rail joiners.
- Solenoid point motors work best from a CDU.
- When connecting an LED to a 12v power supply use a 1k resistor.
- When using a 12v lamp running it at 9v will prolong its life.
- Use an electronic circuit breaker to protect your controller