The Bachmann Narrow Gauge Double Fairlie 'Merddin Emrys' follows in the footsteps of the award winning Baldwin 10-12-D, Bachmann Narrow Gauge’s first OO9 scale locomotive which was released to great acclaim in 2018.
Synonymous with the Ffestiniog Railway, the Double Fairlie is an icon of the Narrow Gauge world and 'Merddin Emrys' locomotive is now available in OO9 scale for the first time.
The Bachmann Narrow Gauge Double Fairlie 'Merddin Emrys' model incorporates a high level of detail, with tooling designed to accommodate the detail variants seen on the real locomotives in order to produce a model of the highest fidelity, which is brought to life by the exquisite livery application that combines Ffestiniog Railway-specification colours with authentic lining, crests and plates.
The precision moulded bodies are adorned with numerous individual components, including the real brass handrails and the metal tank filler cap rings, along with fine mouldings for parts such as the steam fountain, cab controls and tallow cups.
The mechanism is similarly impressive with a twin shaft coreless motor, fitted with twin flywheels, driving both bogies, all-wheel electrical pick up and separate metal bearings fitted to each axle.
Provision for DCC is a given and the model incorporates a Next18 DCC decoder socket, easily accessed via a removable panel on the underside of the model, plus pre-fitted speakers on all versions – or why not opt for a SOUND FITTED model and really bring your layout to life!
Sound Fitted models will also work with automatic sound on DC Analogue layouts.
DETAIL VARIATIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS MODEL
- Bachmann Narrow Gauge OO9 Scale
- Era 2
- Pristine Ffestiniog Railway Lined Green livery
- Running No. 10
- Named ‘Merddin Emrys’
- Etched Nameplates included
- Equipped with a Next18 DCC Decoder Socket – Recommend Decoder item No. 36-567A
- Length 123mm
- Short Side Tanks
- Long Belly Tank
- Open Top Cab with Small Cut Out
- Large Windows
- Separate Handrails on Front/Sides of Smokebox
- Smokebox Door Handle
- Square Sandboxes (Uphill End Only)
- Stovepipe Chimney
- Coreless, twin shaft motor with two flywheels providing drive to both bogies
- Electrical pickup from all wheels
- Separate metal bearings fitted to each axle
- Diecast metal running plate
- Diecast metal chassis block and bogie towers
- Diecast metal gearboxes, with gearing arranged for prototypical running speeds and haulage capabilities
- 9mm (OO9 narrow gauge) wheels to NEM310 standards with authentic profile and detailing
- Coupling pockets to NEM355 standards fitted to each bogie, into which a standard OO9 coupling hook assembly is fitted
- Designed to operate on curves of first radius (228.6mm) or greater
- Highly detailed and decorated cab interior including separately fitted regulators and gauge frames
- Separately applied details including Tallow Cup Lubricators, Steam Fountain, Sand Pots with turned brass detail (where applicable), Smokebox Dart/Wheel, Vacuum Pipework (where applicable), Brass Handrails and metal Tank Filler Cap Rings.
- Each model supplied with a set of authentically decorated etched name plates
- Next18 DCC decoder interface
- Easy-access DCC decoder socket located behind removable panel on underside of model
- Speaker installed in all models for optimum sound reproduction
- Zimo MX659N18 DCC Sound Decoder fitted to SOUND FITTED versions
- Sound files produced specifically for the Bachmann Narrow Gauge Double Fairlie using recordings from real locomotives
- SOUND FITTED models operate on DCC and Analogue control as supplied
- Authentic liveries applied to all models
- Multiple paint applications employed on each model using Ffestiniog Railway specification colours
- Logos, numerals and text added as appropriate using multi-stage tampo printing incorporating authentic typefaces, logos, crests and colours