As of 2021 ‘Merddin Emrys’ and ‘David Lloyd George’ are in traffic, ‘Livingston Thompson’ can be found on display in the National Railway Museum, York, and ‘Earl of Merioneth’ is in long term storage.
A new locomotive, to be named ‘James Spooner’, is currently under construction and will be the fifth Double Fairlie to be outshopped from the Ffestiniog Railway’s own Boston Lodge works once construction is completed.
The Bachmann Narrow Gauge Double Fairlie ‘Livingston Thompson’ locomotive model incorporates a high level of detail, with tooling designed to accommodate the detail variants seen on the real locomotives in order to produce a model of the highest fidelity, which is brought to life by the exquisite livery application that combines Ffestiniog Railway-specification colours with authentic lining, crests and plates.
The precision moulded bodies are adorned with numerous individual components, including the real brass handrails and the metal tank filler cap rings, along with fine mouldings for parts such as the steam fountain, cab controls and tallow cups.
The impressive mechanism includes a twin shaft coreless motor, fitted with twin flywheels, driving both bogies, all-wheel electrical pick up and separate metal bearings fitted to each axle.
The model incorporates a Next18 DCC decoder socket, easily accessed via a removable panel on the underside of the model, plus pre-fitted speakers on all versions.
Why not opt for a SOUND FITTED model and really bring your layout to life!
DETAIL VARIATIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS MODEL of ‘Livingston Thompson’
- Bachmann Narrow Gauge OO9 Scale
- Era 2
- Pristine Ffestiniog Railway Lined Brick Red livery
- Running No. 3
- Named ‘Livingston Thompson’
- Etched Nameplates included
- Equipped with a Next18 DCC Decoder Socket – Recommend Decoder item No. 36-567A
- Length 123mm
- Long Side Tanks
- Short Belly Tank
- Enclosed Cab with Small Cut Out
- Single-Piece Handrail on Front/Sides of Smokebox
- Smokebox Door Wheel
- Vacuum Brakes Fitted
- Cylindrical Sand Pots
- Coal Space Extension Boards
- Capped Chimney
- Coreless, twin shaft motor with two flywheels providing drive to both bogies
- Electrical pickup from all wheels
- Separate metal bearings fitted to each axle
- Diecast metal running plate
- Diecast metal chassis block and bogie towers
- Diecast metal gearboxes, with gearing arranged for prototypical running speeds and haulage capabilities
- 9mm (OO9 narrow gauge) wheels to NEM310 standards with authentic profile and detailing
- Coupling pockets to NEM355 standards fitted to each bogie, into which a standard OO9 coupling hook assembly is fitted
- Designed to operate on curves of first radius (228.6mm) or greater
- Highly detailed and decorated cab interior including separately fitted regulators and gauge frames
- Separately applied details including Tallow Cup Lubricators, Steam Fountain, Sand Pots with turned brass detail (where applicable), Smokebox Dart/Wheel, Vacuum Pipework (where applicable), Brass Handrails and metal Tank Filler Cap Rings.
- Each model supplied with a set of authentically decorated etched name plates
- Next18 DCC decoder interface
- Easy-access DCC decoder socket located behind removable panel on underside of model
- Speaker installed in all models for optimum sound reproduction
- Zimo MX659N18 DCC Sound Decoder fitted to SOUND FITTED versions
- Sound files produced specifically for the Bachmann Narrow Gauge Double Fairlie using recordings from real locomotives
- SOUND FITTED models operate on DCC and Analogue control as supplied
- Authentic liveries applied to all models
- Multiple paint applications employed on each model using Ffestiniog Railway specification colours
- Logos, numerals and text added as appropriate using multi-stage tampo printing incorporating authentic typefaces, logos, crests and colours