Roundhouse Bertie is a basic series freestyle 0-4-0 saddle tank locomotive.
Saddle tanks were probably the most common type of small locomotive found on British narrow gauge railways and Bertie is typical of the style.
Bertie would be a good first locomotive for anyone thinking of starting out with live steam and you can personalise it to your own requirements with the additional parts and accessories available.
These include a brass chimney cap, cylinder covers and dummy valve gear.
Bertie uses a gas fired boiler and slip-eccentric valve gear so once you have steam up you simply open the regulator and give him a gentle push in the direction you want him to go.
Technical specifications for 'Bertie'.
- 0-4-0 inside framed chassis with double acting slide valve cylinders operated by slip eccentric valve gear.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are:-
- steam regulator
- safety valve
- displacement lubricator
- gas regulator
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are:-
- length 270mm over buffers
- width 118mm
- height 145mm
- weight 2.1Kg.
- 32mm or 45mm gauge (non adjustable) please state when ordering.
- A gas filling adaptor is required.
- Lots of optional extra, see our Loco Parts page for further details.
- Available in any Standard Roundhouse Colour