Roundhouse Engineering have introduced a superb detailed model of the Hunslet Quarry Locomotive Lilla.
The 16mm scale Live Steam model of Hunslet Quarry Locomotive Lilla is a highly detailed model adding to the Ffestiniog locos available.
This beautiful little engine would be at home on any garden railway, if you want a change from Ffestiniog black you can have this locomotive in any standard roundhouse colour.
'Lilla' was designed and built in 1891 by the Hunslet Engine Company for use on the Cilgwyn Slate Co Quarry at Nantile before moving on to the Penrhyn Quarry in 1928.
After being restored by Bernard Latham in 1963 she was first displayed at the Winter Garden Railway in Hertfordshire in 1972, then at the Kew Bridge Steam Museum in 1987 and then on the Bala Lake Railway in 1991.
She eventually found her way onto the renowned Ffestiniog railway in 1993 and is still in active use to this day.
Technical specifications for 'Lilla'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis using Roundhouse inside value gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Controls fitted as standard are :-
- steam regulator
- safety valve
- pressure gauge
- displacement lubricator
- gas regulator
- reversing lever.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :-
- length 284mm over buffers
- width 103mm
- height 146mm.
- Weight: 2.9kg (with R/C)
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- Also available with manual control.
- Featuring glazed cab windows
- Rechargeable battery pack and charger supplied.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
- Supplied with etched brass works plates.
- Available in any Standard Roundhouse Colour