Roundhouse Russell is a 16mm scale live steam model of the full size engine, which can still be found working on the Welsh Highland heritage line today.
'Russell' is based on the well known 2-6-2 tank locomotive built by The Hunslet Engine Co. Ltd. of Leeds in 1906, it has undergone a number of updates over the years and the model depicts Russell as she currently appears on the Welsh Highland heritage line.
Being a 2-6-2 wheel arrangement 'Russell' is a substantial model which requires medium radius curves or better.
If your garden railway mimics the welsh highlands hills then this loco would be ideal.
Technical specifications for 'Russell'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- 2-6-2 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Controls fitted as standard are :-
- steam regulator
- safety valve
- pressure gauge
- displacement lubricator
- gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :-
- length 358mm over buffers
- width 115mm
- height 150mm
- weight 4.2 Kg.
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Available with insulated wheels.
- Supplied with etched brass works plates.