2007 was the 25th Anniversary year of Roundhouse and to mark this occasion, they offered ‘Silver Lady’, a deluxe version of the venerable Lady Anne locomotive.
Silver Lady has remained popular and this new design includes a host of features and extra detailing including a sprung chassis, which improves track adhesion, a water top up system to extend running times, simulated cylinder drain cocks and much more.
The engine styling is still recognisable as ‘Lady Anne’, but with many subtle differences that make it something special. Silver Lady represents a narrow gauge 0-6-0 passenger locomotive, painted in Brunswick green she has a strong GWR feel reminiscent of Earl and Countess on the Welshpool and Llanfair railway.
Silver Lady has extra rivet detail, twin slide bar cylinders with dummy combination levers, glazed spectacles, copper capped chimney, ornate polished brass steam dome and a whole host of other detailing items.
The model is fitted with special commemorative etched nickel silver works plates and a pair of matching SILVER LADY name plates are supplied loose in case you prefer to name her yourself.
You can also choose any of the standard roundhouse colours.
Technical specifications for 'Silver Lady'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FG’ type burner.
- All new fully sprung 0-6-0 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Operating simulated cylinder drain cocks (manual and r/c).
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :-
- steam regulator
- safety valve
- pressure gauge
- displacement lubricator
- gas regulator
- reversing lever
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :-
- length 315mm over buffers
- width 125mm
- height 160mm
- weight 3.3 Kg (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for regulator, reversing valve gear and simulated cylinder drain cocks using 2.4GHz R/C.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Available with insulated wheels.
- Supplied with etched nickel silver works plates.
- Available in any Standard Roundhouse Colour