New for 2021, we have 1 loco allocated in October, November and December, reserve yours today!
Roundhouse Engineering have released a Small England type locomotive closely modelled on the very popular 'Palmerston' as currently running on the Ffestiniog Railway in 2020.
The locomotive is available in 32mm gauge only, and the first batch will be available in 2021.
The loco will also be supplied with nameplates for the other Small England locos, Prince and Princess, as these locos also had similar configurations during the 1920s.
Rebuilt a number of times down the years, Palmerston is one of the Ffestiniog Railway's surviving original locomotives. A private group of engineers bought the loco in 1974 and after a complete overhaul it returned to service on the FR in 1993.
Technical specifications for Small England - 'Palmerston'.
- Internal gas firing using our ‘FA’ type burner.
- Inside framed 0-4-0 chassis with Roundhouse Internal Walschaerts valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer as standard.
- Water top-up system and water gauge.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Glazed cab spectacles.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are, Length 355mm over buffers, Width 89mm, and Height 124.5mm.
- Available with R/C, full control for both regulator and reversing valve gear using 2.4GHz R/C.
- Also available with manual control.
- Available in 32mm only