The PECO Passing Contact Switches are used together with any capacitor discharge unit to operate PL-10 or PL-10E turnout motors with a quick pulse of DC power.
The switches are of course best used with the PL-35 Capacitor Discharge Unit, and can be housed in the PL-27 Switch Console.
In GWR and BR signal boxes the following single colour levers were used as follows:
- Black levers were used to operate mechanical turnouts.
- Blue levers were used to operate facing point locks
- Red levers were used to operate stop signals
- Yellow levers were used to operate distant signals
- White levers were spare and not in use
PECO offer these switches in a range of colours